I recently ran into this blog post by Louise Myers, a social media and graphics artist and I just had to share it here.
I’ve been trying to figure out how to schedule posts to my client’s Google+ profiles and it is not supported by Hootsuite. The only way you can schedule posts for them is if they have a Google+ page as I do.
I am sharing this almost verbatum:
Want to schedule posts on Google Plus?
GooglePlus hasn’t seemed eager to allow scheduling.
I was aware of two great scheduling tools that include scheduling for GooglePlus Business Pages ONLY:
If you have a G+ Business Page and that you’d like to schedule (and your other social channels too), I recommend you check out these tools. I use and love both. HootSuite is my mainstay and sanity saver.
But neither allows posting to G+ personal profiles. And neither do Instagram or IFTTT (2 more sanity savers!).
I thought Google plus didn’t allow offsite posting, until I discovered DoShare.
DoShare is a Chrome extension that lets you write and schedule posts on Google Plus Pages and personal profiles!
- Easily share links to Google+ from any tab on Google Chrome
- Create a post, and schedule it for later. DoShare will automatically send it
- Supports sharing to circles, +mentions, notifying circle, link sharing, reshares, and photo uploads
- Supports sharing to Google+ communities
- Supports Hashtag autocomplete
- Allows you to share a comment from the Google+ stream
- Bring out your inner author with a distraction free rich text editor
- Save a draft now, edit it into a post later
- Share a post directly from the stream
- Share a post directly from the notifications panel
- Quickly share to your personal page from your page’s stream and notifications
- Supports Multiple Google login
- Supports automatic numbering of public posts
- Automates creating of polls on Google+
I’ve just started using this tool for myself and clients. It really works!