SEO has been proven to arguably be the best online marketing strategy because of its effectiveness. The following are the most common benefits that experts have found for using an effective SEO strategy.
- Increased Traffic – Top positions on the search engine result pages receive a majority of the impressions and clicks, so ranking in these top positions can result in significant traffic increases for your website. SEO also focuses on creating informative and keyword relevant title tags and meta descriptions, which show up in the result pages. Having optimized tags and descriptions helps to increase click through rate, which also promotes increases in qualified web traffic.
- Increased site usability – SEO assists in rearranging the site’s architecture and links to make pages within the website easier to find and navigate. In an effort to make your website easier to navigate for the search engines, SEO simultaneously helps to make your website more navigable for users as well. This not only makes it easier for search engines to crawl your site and find pages, but also makes it easier for users to find information on your website as well.
- Cost effectiveness – SEO is one of the most cost-effective marketing strategies because it targets users who are actively looking for your products and services online. The traffic resulting from SEO is more qualified than many other marketing strategies, resulting in cost-savings for companies. SEO’s inbound nature helps businesses save money as opposed to outbound strategies like cold-calling.
- Brand Awareness – Since top position rankings result in significant impressions, having your website in these top positions on the result pages translates to more exposure for your website. Plus, being on the first page for your targeted keywords not only helps users to associate your brand with those keywords, but it instills trust, since companies on the first page are generally perceived to be more trustworthy. The more your pages and content rank in high positions in the search engines, the more chances you have for users to see your content and associate with your brand.
- ROI – SEO provides trackable and quantifiable results, regardless of whether you are an ecommerce or non-ecommerce site so there are no qualms when it comes to ROI. With SEO you are able to track nearly every aspect of your strategy, like increases in rankings, traffic and conversions. Comprehensive analytics provide the ability to drill down at a granular level and see demographic information and other engagement metrics for individuals who have interacted with your website. For Ecommerce sites, you can see which paths users take in order to complete a sale, all the way down to which keyword they used to search for you prior to purchasing. For non-Ecommerce sites, you can attribute values to your lead conversions, like a ‘contact us’ form fill-out, and calculate the value of your SEO strategy that way.
Small and medium businesses can gain a lot of advantages from the SEO. The companies who spend in search engine marketing can have higher ranks on search engine. Those businesses that do not practice SEO can slide down as their situation can turn worse. For the beginners and the current users, knowing about the advantages of SEO will help them hugely to make the best of SEO.